- Preheat oven to 325F/160C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread into cubes. In a medium bowl, combine bread, olive oil, oregano, basil and salt. Mix well making sure that all bread cubes are evenly covered with oil.
- Spread the bread cubes on the baking sheet in one layer and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, toss the cubes and return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- To prepare Vegan Parmesan, combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few times. Make sure to not over-process the mixture.
- For the dressing, place all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- When you’re ready to assemble the salad, cut the lettuce and place in a large bowl. Add croutons, parmesan and the dressing and mix well.
- Serve immediately. If you plan on eating the salad later, store the dressing separately from the rest of the salad.
- 2 heads of Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups gluten-free bread, cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp basil
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1½ tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt
Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp water
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper for seasoning.